Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THREE DAYS LEFT!!!




The past couple of weeks have been quite interesting:  we got close to 2.5 feet of snow over the past couple of weeks. 

We are not supposed to get this MUCH SNOW!!!

THREE DAYS LEFT

It is three days before I leave for the Middle East.  Time has flown by pretty fast over the past several weeks.  I am increasingly amazed at how God crushes the box that I typically confine him too.  As much as I say sometimes that I am fully depending on Christ to provide for everything and I still find myself attempting to do some of the work and outsource the hard stuff to Jesus.  This past week he has reminded more and more that he has my back on all the small things as well. 

Over the past couple of weeks I have been blessed to attend some amazing perspectives classes, go to some challenging seminars, and meet with some amazing believers.  In the midst of trying to prepare for this endeavor while trying to read 37 books covering topics from discipleship, community development, experiential education, Islam, and group therapy interventions.  And at the same time saying goodbyes to co-workers, friends, family, selling my vehicles, house, possessions, etc.

I was sitting in perspectives last night listening to the speaker as he spoke about all the things that keep us from going abroad in a missions context.  Out of nearly 3.1 million people that travel internationally for short term mission trips every year nearly 75% are between ages 18-24.  Why?  Because people in this age bracket have not started careers, families, own a house, have car payments, or many responsibilities.  This resonated with me because for the first time in five years I can say that I feel completely FREE to fully serve Christ to the ends of the Earth.  The reality is that I have been free to do this for some time but I have become consumed in the BLESSINGS of God that I don’t fully them it to bless others.  I hope and prayer that I am not 50 years old and catch myself obeying God because I can barely manage all the blessings that He has given me. 

So I may be 25 years old, far from getting married, dirt poor in a worldly sense, and considered crazy for giving up my job, lifestyle, and leisurely comfortable life.  But I know that my eternal reward will outweigh any pain, suffering, sacrifice, or even joy that I may experience on this Earth. 

If you are following along with this blog and want to continue following what happening with Paidia and the work being done in the Middle East feel free to join the monthly newsletter with the link on the side of the page.  If you want to pursue making any financial contributions there is a link on the side of the page directed MEI support giving website.  Lastly I ask for your support in prayer as I embark on this journey.  This blog will updated on a rare occasion and will be used to express my thoughts and things that I am processing through. 

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment