Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Visions of a World Hungry

Excerpt from the book - Visions of a World Hungry by Thomas Pettepiece

Recognizing that the earth and the fulness thereof is a gift from our gracious God, and that we are called to cherish, nurture, and provide loving stewardship for the earth's resources.

And recognizing that life itself is a gift and a call to responsibility, joy, and celebration, I make the following declarations:
  • I declare myself to be a world citizen.
  • I commit myself to lead an ecologically sound life.
  • I commit myself to lead a life of creative simplicity and to share my personal wealth with the world's poor.
  • I commit myself to join with others in reshaping institutions in order to bring about a more just global society in which each person has full access to the needed resources for their physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
  • I commit myself to occupational accountability, and in so doing I will seek to avoid the creation of products which cause harm to others.
  • I affirm the gift of my body, and commit myself to its proper nourishment and physical well-being.
  • I commit myself to examine continually my relations with others, and to attempt to relate honestly, morally, and lovingly to those around me.
  • I commit myself to personal renewal through prayer, meditation and study.
  • I commit myself to responsible participation in a community of faith.
More updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment