Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Sunday, March 6, 2011

BEHOLD THE POWER OF DIGESTIVES!!!

Quite a bit has happened over the course of 7 days.  I really dont even know where to start.  This whole blogging - writing thing is still new to me but I get so many emails from people I feel like this is the best way to keep people updated.  Once again thank you to all of you that not only have listened to me, prayed for me, and continue to support me despite the events that have occurred over the past couple of weeks.  

I am pleasantly happy to say that I am in a much better place now and even had a good week despite the side things that happened.  Last week I spent the whole week focusing on trust issues with students.  Since I had started working with 6th graders at the German school we have had 3 serious fights, lots of verbal abuse, and one broken arm.  Oh and the students have the complete control of the workshops.  This only lasted a week before I called a meeting with the school and attempting to make serious changes in order to regain that power back.  Despite these things I had some good questions and comments from students.  Most of them centered on issues of trust and that they have been told all of their lives that they cannot trust anyone.  As sad as this is it allowed us to share with the students about how to determine trustworthy people and issues for rebuilding trust with friends, family, and even neigbors across the wall.

I have finished up my time with the organization I was working for and have transitioned to helping at another school.  For the next couple of weeks I will be observing classes, and continue to subbing for teachers when needed, and any other assigned tasks.  In addition I was able to attend a weekly night ministry for high school students.  It closely resembled a western youth service with typical small groups afterwards.  The guys that I had kept goofing around so I decided to start asking some tough questions for them.  And I got some interesting responses.  One student told me that he does not feel comfortable sharing his faith with friends because he believed they need to find it for themselves and did not want to step on their religion.  Another student expressed more of a pluralist view that it did not matter what religion that a person had but would end at the same place.  Over the next couple of weeks I hope to really build relationships with some of these guys to push them to explore what it means to live in a relationship with Christ and what that really means in our world today.

You might be wondering what the title of digestives means?  

Since weds night I have developed a severe cough, sore throat, head aches, overall sickness after being exposed to a house full of second hand smoke and other things.  I find myself hard to breath at nights and still can't get solid sleep even though I have moved out of the environment.  While I have been feeling sick for several days now I have found one thing that has pepped me up - DIGESTIVES!!!!

Dont confuse these with medicine or laxatives.  They are actually cookies!!! Delicious, wonderful wheat cookies with a little bit of chocolate goodness on top.  When I was in Northern Ireland for a summer I was exposed to digestives.  I remember going to wimbledon for several days and all we bought were digestives to eat on because they were so cheap.  it just so happens that I found them here in the WB.  There are a little pricy but its good to treat yourself from time to time.  Add a cup of tea, good book, and sunshine and you are in heaven.  

Heres some latest photos from start of week 3:

If we called these digestives in the states, no one would ever buy them.



Where else in the world can I dry my underwear on the front porch.

We trust one another!!! Really?  lets make them go blindfolded to a tree and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment